This CLE webinar offers a unique, inside look at how BBB National Programs’ National Advertising Division (NAD) evaluates medical devices and other health-related products and services. Our panelists will engage in a lively discussion of recent enforcement trends and challenges for manufacturers, and how companies can effectively use the NAD framework to their advantage. In addition, this event will discuss NAD guidance on self-regulation and how to use it as a tool to ensure competitors also meet the standards set by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Join us at 2:00 p.m. ET today, June 23rd.
Today’s webinar will provide the medical device industry and others in the life sciences sector with the chance to interact with BBB National Programs and NAD leadership and answer questions, such as:
- How broad is the NAD’s mandate when it comes to regulated products and services?
- How do the unique and complicated marketing channels in the device and health services industry affect NAD’s analysis of the truth and accuracy of advertising?
- What are the potential applications of self-regulation to emerging outcomes- and value-based commercial models for medical devices?
- Why is the role of self-regulation in the medical device industry becoming more attractive?
- How do companies appropriately use health care data within the framework of an NAD case?
- What is the current attitude toward self-regulation held by the FTC?
- Laura Brett, Vice President, National Advertising Division, BBB National Programs
- Mary Engle, Executive Vice President, Policy, BBB National Programs
- Joe Metro, Partner, Reed Smith
- John Feldman, Partner, Reed Smith