The SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contracts mandate that all commercials produced under those Contracts for television, radio, Internet and New Media must use Ad-ID as the sole standard commercial identifier. The grace period to adopt Ad-ID ends on March 31, 2014.
Time to transition is running out. You must complete the transition fully before the deadline to avoid noncompliance. Some companies have asked the JPC what they should do to ensure that they are compliant.
Here’s guidance provided by Ad-ID:
- Registering for Ad-ID and creating codes is quick, but the setup time to begin using Ad-ID can vary based on individual circumstances. If you are not already using Ad-ID, it is strongly recommended you begin the transition process now to avoid noncompliance.
- To start, ensure that all your assets are in compliance and registered with an Ad-ID code by visiting the Ad-ID website: http://www.ad-id.org. There, you can review a list of prefixes that already exist. Each prefix correlates to a specific marketer. If a prefix exists, make sure your assets are registered with codes created within the Ad-ID system.
- If you do not have access to a prefix in the Ad-ID system, or if you have any questions about logins or permissions, connect with your marketing contacts and / or agency partners. Ad-ID customer service can also help answer any related questions.
- If no prefix exists for your company or client, please view Ad-ID’s complete set up process document to get started. A video tutorial is also available.
- Once you have registered for your prefix, each advertising asset needs to be registered with an Ad-ID code created within the Ad-ID system.
- Next, it is strongly recommend that you reach out to your industry partners across the supply chain as soon as possible to confirm they are aware of the deadline.
The Ad-ID team is ready to help the advertising community make the transition to Ad-ID as simply and quickly as possible. You can find information about the Commercials Contracts Ad-ID requirement, a comprehensive Q&A regarding the requirement, general Ad-ID FAQ and more at: http://www.ad-id.org.